Thuraya BACKUP Prepaid Plan SIM
Thuraya BACKUP prepaid plan offers a long 5-year validity period with lower annual cost and flat calling rates throughout the Thuraya coverage in Africa, Asia, Europe and Australia.
IMPORTANT! Thuraya satellite service is NOT available in North & South America. Consider Iridium satellite phones instead.
Thuraya BACKUP plan comes with:
- $10 of preloaded airtime
- 5 years of account validity
- Activated services: voice, messaging, GmPRS data, voicemail
Call Type & Destination
Rate, per min.
Thuraya, Voicemail, Dial-Up 1722
Most destinations, Band 1
Band 2, Globalstar
Catch-All, Iridium, Inmarsat
|GmPRS Packet Data||
|Outgoing Text Messages (SMS)||
|Incoming calls & messages||
- All calls are charged at 60 second increments, GmPRS - at 100-Kb data blocks.
- Thuraya BACKUP plan has initial validity of five (5) years from first call.
- Renewal Fee (every 5 years): $120
- If the account balance is below $129 at the renewal time, the account enters the 90-day grace period. Incoming calls are still possible.
- If the account is reloaded within the grace period, the existing balance will be restored.
- If the account is NOT reloaded within the grace period, the entire unused balance will be reset to zero and the account will be permanently deactivated.
- The majority of world countries and territories fall in Band 1 destinations.
- The countries, territories and other satellite systems mentioned below correspond to Band 2 and Catch-All destinations. Calling to those destinations will result in a significantly higher calling rate and faster depletion of your Thuraya prepaid balance.
Inmarsat mini M
Inmarsat BGAN HSD
Wallis and Futuna